People these days seem to get off on lists, so here is a list of 33 things that at 33 years old I am "relatively" sure are true, (for me....your experience may be different and I reserve the right to change my mind). These are also in no particular order so relax....
2. Hard work trumps talent.
3. Man is an animal, albeit a "thinking" one.
4. Corporations are not people.
5. We are human beings, not human "doings."
6. The smart phone is the worst, and the best, invention of all time.
7. "Societies" standards are just that....societies....figuring out your own set will save you much trouble.
8. Women are stronger than men (see #1)
9. Two words - Radical Honesty....
10. If you are really good at what you do, no one cares what you look like.
11. My kids perception of me is the most important thing to me right now.
12. Organic food is really THAT much better than conventional.
13. Don't underestimate gratitude.
14. Resilience is an underestimated quality. Wholistic Revolution wouldn't be where it is without it.
15. Eliminate negativity at all costs. Not the bullshit "new age" negativity, but the real progress stopping variety. You'll know it when you feel it.
16. My grandpa was right, everything on TV is shit. Turn it off.
17. "Yes" really does have no value till you learn to say "no."
18. Listening to podcasts/seminars/lectures defeats music while training every time.
19. There is only one business who can raise its prices 10% every year and still stay in business....."higher" education.
20. Chivalry isn't dead.....at least for me it's not.
21. Think globally. Act locally.
22. Be nice. Nobody likes an asshole, no matter how sweet you think you are.
23. Mark Twain was right - If you find your thinking in line with the majority, it may be time to re-think your position.
24. I do not know anything.
25. Most people have not read the (insert religious text here), they have been told it....big difference.
26. There is always a choice.
27. Attachment is the root cause of all suffering.
28. Behaviors that are learned can be un-learned. The key ingredient is patience.
29. Sarcasm is the worst form of humor.
30. What goes around comes around.
31. The human bodies software is much more important than its hardware (see #1). The "physical" piece of the puzzle is the least creative and the most dependent.
32. Change takes energy, this is the #1 culprit behind why most people fail.
33. It's Kenneth, not Ken....definitely not Kenny.