If there is one thing that gets me fired up it has to be the ultra-ridiculous notion of "one size fits all" dieting. For the record, no "one" diet will work for anyone, for any length of time simply due to the fact that a persons needs change too much. Throw in the fact that we are all extremely different physiologically speaking (a great book on this is "Biochemical Individuality" by Roger Williams, PhD) and you can see that there is no "best" when it comes to nutritional plans. But then again, the nutritional/medical/training industry has money to make and books on veganism, paleo, and insert fad here _________ sell big! There may be no "best" but here are some key points you can take to shall we say....improve your situation:
1. Eat to the highest quality level you can afford
2. Organic is always best
3. Drink at minimum half of your body weight in water per day
4. Think protein first
5. Avoid processed everything
6. Avoid additives and preservative laden foods (see #5)
7. Don't be afraid of fat
8. Shop your local farmer's market - Think FRESH!
9. Have multiple feedings per day
10. Listen to your body!
If you practice these 10 things on a regular basis (think 90% of the time), you will see a dramatic shift in your vitality levels and guess what - your body will let you know about it.
This is the Wholistic Revolution blog space.